GF Mac and Cheese for one

Ok so it's been a busy and tough week and it's only Wednesday. So I had to make myself some comfort food and I think I did pretty good if I say so myself. So I will share my recipe. I do have to give credit where credit is due though. The recipe was definitely inspired by a gluten full mac and cheese recipe from Hungry Girl.

GF Mac and Cheese for one

1 mini baby bell cheddar cheese
1 wedge Laughing cow light Swiss cheese
1/2 cup dry small quinoa and corn shells (or other GF pasta)
1 TBSP Brummel and Brown spread

Salt pasta water to taste and cook pasta to aldente. Drain pasta and save some pasta water for sauce. Leave a small about of water in the pan. Return to low burner. Add all cheese and butter, pasta.and about 3 to 4 table spoons pasta water. Mix together until cheese is melted. Add pasta water as needed to get sauce to desired thickness. If sauce is too thin let the water boil let stand a few minutes, watching and stirring as needed.

Comments

Post a Comment