A year later, a look back and a look ahead.

So it's been a year since I went Gluten Free. I've learned a lot and I'm still learning and still making stupid mistakes.
1. I've learned that I'm always going to be gluten free and I have all my life to taste and find new and great tasting food choices and I don't need to stuff myself every time I find something or cry when I don't.
2. I've learned I should take it as a gift that I have to eat healthy while everyone else gorges on pizza, cake, cookies, etc. and all I get is a piece of fruit or a carrot. And I definitely don't need to go home and eat every Gluten free goodies I have in my house to make up for it.
3. Even when I'm frustrated I should not feel sorry for myself and fill those feelings with food I can eat.
4. Always read labels!!!
5. Always ask questions and Never be afraid to ask them and tell the server exactly what you want and need.
6. Always state you have a food allergy so that the server knows how important it is to give you what you asked for.
7. If you don't know what is being served it before you go and pack your own snacks.
8. Try to research the restaurant before you go.
9. If you are going to a friend's house ask what they are serving and if you can bring something that you can eat and share with others.

If the next year I hope to focus more on eating healthy foods and staying away from the gluten free goodies (cookies, cakes, etc.). I hope to stop eating my emotions and gain control of myself. I hope to learn more about healthy eating and cooking and making those gluten free goodies a little healthier. I hope to explore and have fun with my food.

Comments