Boston Market

I had a very good experience at Boston Market in Toluca Lake on Riverside. It was one of those nights were I was tired, hungry and not exactly thinking clearly. I ordered the rotisserie chicken thinking it would be fine and then the potatoes and corn I also thought would be safe, but I forgot to say "No cornbread,. I'm allergic." They dished up my sides and I was able to just take the cornbread off the tray without contamination. Then they cut up my chicken on the same board they cut everything else and I thought, "that's probably not a good thing but I'll risk it." As he was putting the chicken on the tray, he dropped a piece and I looked around to see where he dropped it. He saw me looking and said not to worry it landed right back with the chicken and I said, "I just wanted to make sure it didn't fall in any gravy, I'm allergic to gluten." He said oh, "You're allergic to gluten? Let me get a new cutting board and knife and cut you a new piece, this was cut on the same board as the brisket." I was shocked, I said, "Thank you so much. that's awesome." I did have to ask him to put the new chicken on a new plate, but I was shocked by his knowledge and willingness to help, especially since I was not being as diligent and vigilant as I should have been. I asked him how he knew what to do and told him many chain restaurants are not like that, people are not trained and give you attitude when you make special requests. He said he work for a general manager in Pasadena who had a daughter who was gluten free and he trained everyone how to serve someone with a gluten allergy. I thought that was awesome and I wish more people would be trained that well and be so willing to act on that training.

Comments