- http://celiac.org/ This is the official website for the Celiac Disease foundation. This is a great resource for people who have just been diagnosed. It gives information about the gluten free diet, eating out, finding a Dr, etc.
- http://www.glutenfreediet.ca/ Is a great website and recourse from Shelley Case a dietitian. I have been looking for new ways to get more protein into my diet as well as ways to just eat healthier overall. This website has some really great educational resources.
- The dietitian who created the site said that there will be different levels of information for those just starting the diet to those who have been following the diet for a while. www.celiacnow.org
- My favorite APP to use to find a good place to eat gluten free is Find Me Gluten Free. You can search for places that are gluten free friendly/aware in your location or a place you may be going.
- My favorite cook book to bake from is Cake Mix Doctor Bakes Gluten Free by Anne Byrn. She has another book out called Unbelievably Gluten Free.
- My favorite stores are Trader Joe's, Fresh and Easy and Sprouts. They all carry gluten free products at a little better price than Whole Foods.
- Pintrest, Yes I am one of those people. I really think it is a great resource for recipes and information and a great place to collect and store the information. I also follow many Gluten Free bloggers through Pintrest.
- Some good Magazine are Living Without, Delight Gluten Free Magazine and Gluten Free Living. They always have good recipes and tips.
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Celiac Disease resources
So my family asked me to send some information about Celiac disease resources that I use for some people who have been newly diagnosed. So I put together some of my favorite resources and things that I use and I thought I would post it for more people to use the information.